Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Alzheimers Walk

Hopefully I will be able to post pictures later, it isn't working right now. But anyways, this pasted weekend I attended the event called a Walk to End Alzheimers. It was an extremely moving event. I didn't realize there was so many individuals that are faced with it. Two thirds of the individuals that are diagnosed with Alzheimers are women. That means that not as many males get the disease. It also is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. So Alzheimers is pretty high up on the list for a death factor. During the event we walked a trail near the Motaoca bridge. We carried flowers in 4 different colors. Purple for in memory, yellow for care giver, orange for supportors, and blue for is you had Alzheimers. I believe everyone had an awesome time, I know I did. I feel I helped raise awareness about the Alzheimers disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment